It’s been a busy week – the Man in the Shed is away with work and I’ve been outside as much as possible so sorry I haven’t posted much. I keep meaning to write something and then not doing it. I have finished the Happypotomus, need to think of a secret name now so people can guess it at the fair. I think I’ve got one but obviously I can’t tell you. I’m not too sure about its gender either, there has been some debate!
I have mostly been painting this week, weather permitting (the forecast last week said it was going to piddle down all week but every time I look it up again it seems to be better and I’ve got more done than I expected to). Our garden is about nine foot up in the air and is currently held up by this wall:
The reason being that I couldn’t bear having that much plain rendering and spent quite a long time five years ago painting it pretty colours and shapes. The only trouble is that it is going rusty from underneath – there is an edging strip on the corner of the ledge under the render which should be galvanised and clearly isn’t. I scrub all the lichen and grub off every year but the rusty drips stay and get a bit worse each year however hard I scrub and now it is getting to me. Also it is covered in small holes (at a height of about eighteen inches and below) which I suspect have something to do with Small’s bike and they look like this:
So what with the rust and the holes I decided it was time to do something about it. I’ve been scraping off loose paint and rust and trying to seal it all again and I managed to get some real paint on it today. Now part of it looks like this:
The Man in the Shed asked Small to describe it to him because he hasn’t seen it yet and was told, “Green and purple.” Which sounds boring but I suppose it is at least accurate. In my defence I haven’t finished yet…