Well, here you go, it’s even got a free kitty in it if you know where to look:
That’s as much as I’m going to get done for a while judging by the weather forecast and it is more or less finished. I was looking at this bit though and it gave me an idea for a couple of details which I might add later on.
I need to find some photos to copy first or have a practice at drawing them because I’m a lot better at colouring in than I am at painting things that actually look like things. I’ll show you later on if I do decide to add them and you’ll just have to guess what they might be until then but I’ll give you a clue – the one that I thought of first might have too many legs and I might do some others with some wings or even more legs.
Here’s an updated gallery thing with the last photo added if you like that sort of thing:
Right, that’s as green as it is going to get.
I find it fascinating watching how things change and develop and I have already forgotten what the wall used to be like so here is (hopefully) a gallery thing showing how it has changed so far.
Now I am going to sleep for three days before I start the purple and to wash off all the green paint I keep finding in strange places.
I’m not sure what is going on with the weather – it is doing what it is supposed to for the time of year which is very good for painting (if a little confusing) but I mustn’t say it too loud otherwise it will hear me and start raining again. The last couple of days have been really productive, by my reckoning that is slightly more than two thirds of the green done.
I’ve mostly been doing about a jam jar’s worth of paint a day because a) that is how much I can mix in one go in my jam jar, b) that is how long Tiny will entertain herself for and c) that is about the length of time it takes me to go a tad crazy and start wondering why I am filling in so many green rhombuses. Yesterday was perfect painting weather; most days so far I have done one jar in the morning and then by the time it gets to lunchtime the sun has come round and there is only about a two foot strip of shade left at the bottom of the wall (fine if you want to paint the bottom but if you climb up the ladder to do the top then your head is back in the sun and you’re in danger of looking like a baked beetroot in about five minutes, well I am anyway) but yesterday there was just enough cloud that it was nice and warm whilst being shady enough to carry on in the afternoon without me or the paint baking before I had finished fiddling with it and I managed to get two jars done.
The green is creeping across enough now that I can breathe a sigh of relief. There is always a point when I’m doing stuff like this (somewhere quite a while after the bit where I merrily launch into it with only a vague idea of what I am doing) when whatever it is starts to look roughly like I imagined and I can think that it might be worth carrying on with.
The weather is looking about right for carrying on now but I think I’ve had all the green paint I can take for today. And I have a sleeve to finish…
This is just a quick update on the wall. I haven’t done much else this week apart from a little bit of secret knitting that I can’t show you yet. It doesn’t look that much different but the green is starting to creep across – I think I’ve done nearly a third of it – most of the original blue and green ones are covered up anyway.
By the way, the hay fever inducing sweet peas are there because they have been banished by one of the inmates, I am not in the habit of picking flowers to put on the outside table. I’m not sure if you will be able to make it out in the picture but there is also a couple of very small cups and saucers on the table so it looks as though someone has been visiting for a tiny tea party, perhaps they enjoyed the flowers…